Pages

Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Roses, sweet roses

You may have guessed from the title - finally, cake decorating class was fun again! We finished our roses, we started making lilies. Much like when we started the roses - I still have no idea how those lilies are going to come together but hey I have no doubt they are going to be super complicated....

I would like to present you with my first roses made out of icing. The colour is a bit of a misnomer, the dark purple part dried blue - it appears this dye was a genetic throwback in terms of colouring but my teacher she is now aware of this. Colouring aside, just look at these babies (remember these are my first):

Not too shabby, hey nigel? Can I hear a whoop whoop? Put your hands up in the air and wave 'em around like you just don't care - ok I will stop now. But really, I am well impressed...

Not anywhere near ready to make that two-tier wedding cake story but hey. Hmmm, that would be for end of October - ha, I could make my cousin's wedding cake. Thinking about this maybe I should stick to what I do best and that is - join in the P-A-R-T-Y with my hands up in the air :-)

Mini-Me Anna is as irritating as ever but there are some really nice girls in the class. Sjoe, teaches you once again, never judge a book by its cover. I imagined that they were all a bunch of "poppies". Hell, one of the "students" is a medical doctor in her second year of medical  government service and another is busy with her PhD in Genetics. Not just your average run of the mill girls. Miss PhD is probably on my level when it comes to cake decorating technique, maybe even slightly worse :-) (in the patience department  she kicks my a$$ down town). Back to Miss PhD,  she is making her brother's wedding cake. Brave girl. Even braver the fact that the wedding is in November and we are no where near pro's yet.....

I am happy to report that it appears that gym and exercise are back in my life and an important part of it. I don't exercise on Tuesday's due to class but I have begun to miss it and come Wednesday morning, I can't wait for gym.... Yay for me! At this point I need it to. I have come to realise that I become one miserable (and round) biatch if I don't exercise. Hopefully I have learnt my lesson and Uncle Jim and I will continue to have a flourishing relationship till the end of time.....

The weekend is coming up and it is going to be busy but I am hoping to attempt to make my first homemade pasta this weekend - along with a crumble cake. All things I have not done before.... I am looking for the "dummies guide to making pasta" while trying to get some work done. I may want to eat my words later but so far, the whole basic pasta idea does not seem too difficult! And if I don't eat too much, I hope to make My German some Creme Brulee - dying to try out my blow torch (behave, as per wikipedia a blowtorch is "blowtorch (US), blow torch (US), or blowlamp (UK) is a tool for applying lower-intensity and more diffuse flame and heat for various applications, than the oxyacetylene torch. ")


ME




No comments:

Post a Comment